Read and agree to our Terms of Service
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
Welcome to TakeMyHand Peer Chat! We wish to share with you a new resource brought to you by Riverside University Health System-Behavioral Health (RUHS-BH). As we continue to adapt our service-delivery system in response to COVID-19, RUHS-BH has approved the rapid technology implementation of TakeMyHand Peer Chat. Peer Chat Operators do not provide medical, social or operational advice, specifically to the COVID-19 geographic spread, symptomology, prevention or intervention of the virus.
TakeMyHand Peer Chat is NOT an emergency service. If you think you have a psychiatric or medical emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital.
Peer Chat Operators will provide emotional support to anyone experiencing stress, anxious feelings or any other concerning behaviors or situations that may cause distress.
TakeMyHand Peer Chat is a RUHS-BH effort to our community and is currently in a testing phase and will be available on a temporary basis. We would like to request your patience and your feedback as we navigate the potential technical glitches that tend to be inevitable when building and utilizing a new product. The chat can be monitored for quality improvement. Also, to help us improve, at the end of the chat, you may voluntarily provide feedback through a short survey.
RUHS-BH invites you to use this resource for free Peer Support Services via chat. Participation in TakeMyHand Peer Chat is voluntary and taken at the risk of the user.
A Note on Utilizing New Technologies
You are invited to join us to explore new ideas for improving our mental health services. We are trying to learn how we can use technology to improve the wellbeing of people in our community. Passive data, such as frequency of visits to the chat, pages visited, the times in the day when the chat is being visited the most, etc., will be collected during the chat and will be part of the TakeMyHand Peer Chat evaluation plan. For evaluation purpose, de-identified data may be shared with third party county contractors.
The TakeMyHand Peer Chat evaluation is an important part of the learning process. We want to be able to offer help to more people. We want to help people feel connected to others. And we want to help people find care as quickly as possible.
TakeMyHand Peer Chat is designed to meet the needs of the community that have not been met already. And we want to meet those needs in a new way. But, we are not sure if the TakeMyHand Peer Chat is helpful yet. TakeMyHand Peer Chat does not replace mental health services offered by your county. TakeMyHand Peer Chat has not been proven to help people understand their mental health. TakeMyHand Peer Chat has not been proven to give people relief from mental health conditions.
We will make every effort to keep your data private, but as with all technology, it is possible for your data to be exposed. You should think about this when deciding to use TakeMyHand Peer Chat. Please read the agreement for more specific details on how your data will be used.
The use of TakeMyHand Peer Chat is entirely your choice. It is also your choice how often and for how long you use TakeMyHand Peer Chat and its services. You may stop using them at any time.
By accepting this agreement, you are saying that you understand the limits of TakeMyHand Peer Chat. It also means you understand there is no promise that TakeMyHand Peer Chat will help you. By clicking the "Agree" check box, you are saying that you understand and agree to these terms of service.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To proceed with using this website, you must agree to the following conditions governing the use of this website. This is the information that we are legally required to provide to you.
By clicking on the Agree check box, you are acknowledging and agreeing to the below stated TERMS AND CONDITIONS
STOP: TakeMyHand is NOT an emergency service. If you think you have a psychiatric or medical emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital.
The service provided on this website is not a substitute for the advice of a psychiatrist, physician or therapist. Always seek the advice of a psychiatrist, physician or therapist with any questions you may have regarding mental health or medical symptoms/concerns. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the website.
RUHS-BH maintains: 'TakeMyHand' (https://takemyhand.co,http://www.ruhealth.org/en-us) mobile-enabled websites. TakeMyHand Peer Chat is not currently available by mobile app. These websites (the "Websites") allow community members to access Peer Support Services through an anonymous chat platform.
What is TakeMyHand Peer Chat?
· A website developed by RUHS-BH [email protected] Innovations Team and RUHS-BH Research and Technology staff.
· A Peer Chat forum for Riverside County community members to access free Peer Support Services through an anonymous chat platform.
· An opportunity for a person to explore their mental health wellness concerns and options with someone who is welcoming, accepting and nonjudgmental.
· An opportunity for community members to explore and ask questions regarding mental health services and supportive linkage to services if desired.
· A resource for community members to utilize in order to access support for challenges they may be experiencing in their lives.
· An access portal to community resources, information and linkage to community providers.
· Access to peer support services available in the moment versus having to schedule a future appointment.
What TakeMyHand Peer Chat is NOT!!!
- TakeMyHand Peer Chat is NOT an emergency service. If you think you have a psychiatric or medical emergency, call 911 or go to the nearest hospital.
- TakeMyHand Peer Chat is NOT a replacement for Psychiatric services.
- TakeMyHand Peer Chat is NOT a crisis line. If you are experiencing a crisis please call (951) 686-HELP (4357) or 1-855-845-7415 CA Peer Run Warm Line.
What is a Peer?
· A Peer is a person with lived experiences of mental health and/or substance use wellness and recovery.
· A Peer is a person who has the ability to provide support to another individual experiencing concerning thoughts, emotions and behaviors that may indicate a need for mental health wellness strategies.
What is Peer Support?
· Peer Support is a relationship built on mutuality due to shared experience with mental health and/or substance use challenges.
· Peer Support is a conversation with someone who can assist another person to navigate new ways to create wellness in daily life and living.
· Peer Support is a process through which a person explores resources in the community to locate and access ways to meet their basic needs.
· Peer Support is a conversation about what a person is experiencing in the moment, without fear of judgement.
What does Peer Support do?
· Peer Support can reduce the stigma that comes from the recognition of a possible mental health condition.
· Peer Support can assist a person to feel heard, encouraged and validated.
· Peer Support sees the potential in all people.
· Peer Support can be used to supplement traditional mental health treatment.
What Peer Support is NOT!!!
· Peer Support is NOT Therapy
· Peer Support is NOT Psychiatry
· Peer Support is NOT a replacement for Therapy or Psychiatry
A Note on Mandated Reporting
· All RUHS-BH staff, including TakeMyHand Peer Support Specialists, are mandated reporters.
· Mandated reporting requires staff to inform Emergency Services, including, but not limited to law enforcement, in the case of incidences indicating a desire to self-harm, cause harm to another, or it is believed an individual is experiencing grave disability.
· Mandated reporting also requires staff to file reports to Child Protective Services or Adult Protective Services when need is indicated.
· In these instances, staff will be requesting identifying information in order to file reports.
BY USING THE WEBSITES OR BY CLICKING "AGREE" BELOW, YOU SIGNIFY YOUR AGREEMENT TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THE WEBSITES.
Revisions, Changes, and Updates
We may revise the information on the Websites or otherwise change or update the Websites, including these Terms and Conditions, without notice to you. RUHS-BH may also make improvements and/or changes in products and/or services described on the Websites or add new features at any time without notice. We encourage you to periodically read these Terms and Conditions to see if there have been any changes to our policies that may affect you. Your continued use of the Websites will signify your continued agreement to these Terms and Conditions as they may be revised.
These RUHS-BH Websites provide links to other Websites that are not owned or controlled by RUHS-BH ("Third Party Websites"). We provide links to Third Party Websites as follows:
- TakeMyHand Peer Support Providers may provide links to Third Party Websites managed by vendors that we have made arrangements with to offer you services to help you manage your wellness. These Third Party Websites may be co-branded, meaning that they display the TakeMyHand, RUHS-BH logo or [email protected] and the logo of the Third Party vendor but they are owned and controlled by the Third Party.
- TakeMyHand Peer Support Providers may also provide links to Third Party Websites to connect you easily to additional sources of information or third party services that may be of interest to you. We may not have any business relationship with the party that controls this type of Third Party Website. Provided links are offered only as a convenience to you.
In each such instance, where practicable, we will let you know when you are leaving the Websites and linking to a Third Party, non-RUHS-BH controlled Website. For example, we may include a notice at the top of pages that include links to inform you that you will be taken to a third party site not affiliated with RUHS-BH or TakeMyHand Peer Chat. Or we may use an icon that we identify with an appropriate legend to let you know when you are leaving RUHS-BH or TakeMyHand Peer Chat Websites.
Access, Correction, and Data Integrity
Although we attempt to maintain the integrity and accuracy of the information on the Websites, we make no guarantees as to its correctness, completeness, or accuracy. The Websites may contain typographical errors, inaccuracies, or other errors or omissions. Also, unauthorized additions, deletions, or alterations could be made to the Websites by third parties without our knowledge. If you believe that information found on the Websites is inaccurate or unauthorized, please inform us by contacting the RUHS-BH Web Management Team at [email protected].
Use by children
TakeMyHand Peer Chat is intended for use by consumers ages 16 and older. RUHS-BH consumers under the age of 16 are strongly discouraged from utilizing this resource and will be provided with information to connect with Children's Services.
User Participation in Interactive Services
Any personal information you submit to the Websites is governed by the County of Riverside - Notice of Privacy Practices.
TakeMyHand Peer Chat is formatted to provide anonymous Peer Support Services, however, if you choose to disclose Personal Health Information (PHI) or Personally Identifying Information (PII), including, but not limited to, your name and/or contact information, the Peer Support providing your service will be required to document the interaction in the RUHS-BH records systems (ELMR-Electronic Management of Records). This includes information on your rights to see and receive copies of your personal records. To the extent there is an inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and the Website, these Terms and Conditions shall govern.
You agree that you will not upload or transmit any communications or content of any type (including secure messaging) that infringe upon, misappropriate or violate any rights of any party.
In consideration of being allowed to use the Websites' services, you agree that the following actions shall constitute a material breach of these Terms and Conditions:
- Signing on as or pretending to be another person (Note: utilizing this website anonymously is an acceptable use of this website, however, it is illegal to sign on or pretend to be another person while utilizing this website.)
- Transmitting material that infringes or violates the intellectual property rights of others or the privacy or publicity rights of others.
- Transmitting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, predatory of minors, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, or hateful to any person (including RUHS-BH personnel) or entity as determined by RUHS-BH in their sole discretion.
- Using interactive services in a way that is intended to harm, or a reasonable person would understand would likely result in harm, to the user or others.
- Collecting information about others, including email addresses.
- Intentionally distributing viruses or other harmful computer code.
RUHS-BH expressly reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate a user's access to any interactive services and/or to any or all other areas of the Websites due to any act that would constitute a violation of these Terms and Conditions.
THE WEBSITES AND THEIR CONTENT AND ALL SITE-RELATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITH ALL FAULTS, WITH NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, ALL SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY RUHS-BH STAFF OR ITS AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ANY REFERENCES TO SPECIFIC PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ON THE WEBSITES DO NOT CONSTITUTE OR IMPLY A RECOMMENDATION OR ENDORSEMENT BY RUHS-BH UNLESS SPECIFICALLY STATED OTHERWISE.
Limitation of Liability; Choice of Law
RUHS-BH AND THEIR AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED OR LINKED TO ON THE WEBSITES ARE NEITHER RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE WEBSITES, SITE-RELATED SERVICES AND PRODUCTS, CONTENT OR INFORMATION CONTAINED WITHIN THE WEBSITES, AND/OR ANY THIRD PARTY WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE WEBSITES, SITE-RELATED SERVICES, AND/OR THIRD PARTY WEBSITES IS TO STOP USING THE WEBSITES AND/OR THOSE SERVICES. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE GOVERNED BY CALIFORNIA LAW WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS PRINCIPLES OF CONFLICTS OF LAW. IF ANY VERSION OF THE UNIFORM COMPUTER INFORMATION TRANSACTIONS ACT (UCITA) IS ENACTED AS PART OF THE LAW OF CALIFORNIA, THAT STATUTE SHALL NOT GOVERN ANY ASPECT OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Except as otherwise indicated, all content on the Websites, including text, graphics, logos, button icons, photos, images, forms, audio, video, questionnaires, and software, is the property of RUHS-BH or its licensors and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on the Websites is the exclusive property of RUHS-BH and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. Unless specifically authorized in writing by RUHS-BH, any use of these materials, or of any materials contributed to the Websites by entities other than RUHS-BH, on any other website or networked computer environment for any purpose is prohibited.
Any rights not expressly granted by these Terms and Conditions or any applicable end-user license agreements are reserved by RUHS-BH. Content and features are subject to change or termination without notice in the editorial discretion of RUHS-BH.
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA), RUHS-BH has designated an agent to receive notification of alleged copyright infringement in accordance with the DMCA. Any written Notification of Claimed Infringement should comply with Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(3)(A) and should be provided in writing to our designated agent as follows:Agent: RUHS-BH Compliance Officer
Address: P.O. Box 7549, Riverside, CA 92501
Trademarks and Service Marks
"RUHS-BH" and the RUHS-BH logo are registered service marks of RUHS-BH and the County of Riverside. Other proprietary marks of RUHS-BH or third parties may be designated as such from time to time on the Websites through use of the TM, SM, or ® symbols. Users of the websites are not authorized to make any use of the RUHS-BH marks or the proprietary marks of third parties, including but not limited to, as metatags or in any other fashion that may create a false or misleading impression of affiliation or sponsorship with or by RUHS-BH or the applicable third party.